Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Gaurav Aradhye <ga...@clogeny.com> on 2013/11/06 11:55:14 UTC

Ping to shared network gateway failing

HI all,

I am facing an issue while running few test cases involving shared network
test cases.
Virtual Machine is deployed in shared network and isolated network. One of
the test case step is to check whether the network gateway is reachable
from the virtual machine.
Although the "ping" to gateway of Isolated network succeeds, "ping" to
shared network gateway always fails.

I tried deploying the VM with only shared network, the issue persists.
Can't reach the shared network gateway through the VM.

Can anybody guide me on this? IMO, gateway should always be reachable from
VM if that VM is part of that network.

Regards,
Gaurav

RE: Ping to shared network gateway failing

Posted by Santhosh Edukulla <sa...@citrix.com>.
1.I believe we already have sharednetwork created with gateway ip configured along with other parameters through API in your testing. This IP( gateway IP ) need to be already assigned to a gateway device and reachable.

2. During the  VM creation, this ip of gateway is available to VM as part of its route configuration. May be you wanted to check the IP used in creating shared network in step1 is existing and reachable.

Regards,
Santhosh
Posted by Gaurav Aradhye <ga...@clogeny.com>.
Hi Santosh,