Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by asdf <fi...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/28 15:40:26 UTC

svn segfaults on checkout

I have run into a problem with Subversion 1.2.3 on
Debian Linux (sid/unstable): the svn command line
client segfaults when checking out a source code tree
from a local FSFS repository.

At first I thought the problem was in the current
debian package, but I was able to duplicate the
problem by downloading the Subversion 1.2.3 tarball
and using it on my Debian system instead of the
prepackaged .deb binaries.

I have a source code tarball and shell script that
duplicates the problem. Who should I send it to?

Thanks!

Re: svn segfaults on checkout

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 10/28/05, asdf <fi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'll try and get you a backtrace from GDB, time
> permitting. And I'll try and rerun the test case using
> the latest development version of Subversion.

Excellent.

> But at the moment I don't have access to a machine
> where I can put up the source code tarball (4.7Mb) for
> download.
>
> Is it OK if I email you the source tarball + shell
> script?

Sure, just be sure to do it off list, no reason to send 4.5 megs of
stuff to everyone who's listening ;-)

-garrett

Re: svn segfaults on checkout

Posted by asdf <fi...@yahoo.com>.
--- Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>
wrote:

> I can't reproduce this problem with your test data
> (using a version of
> svn checked out from trunk this morning).  Please
> let me know if
> upgrading to a newer svn fixes your problem, that'll
> let us know if
> it's something in your environment or if it's a bug
> we fixed in more
> recent versions.

Using svn-1.4.0 (checked out from trunk an hour ago)
the problem seems to have been fixed with my test
data.

I am off to test some more with this dev version of
subversion.

Thanks for your help Garrett.
Cheers,

Salman Ahmed

Re: svn segfaults on checkout

Posted by asdf <fi...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.

Posted by asdf <fi...@yahoo.com>.
wrote:

> If you could get a backtrace from the crash (in gdb)
> that would be
> useful.  Also, trying to reproduce the problem with
> the current
> development version of Subversion (checked out from
> http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk) would tell us
> if this problem
> has already been fixed.
>
> But if you can't do either of those things for some
> reason, if you
> could put the shell script and source tarball up
> somewhere they can be
> downloaded I'd be happy to take a look.

Hi Garrett,

OK.