Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Gerardo Corro <ro...@hotmail.com> on 2009/07/15 17:07:45 UTC

Encoding/Decoding

Hi HC people,

I'm implementing a filter that processes requests from many sources, and I always do a redirection at the end, the problem I have is that some request are encoded with:

URLEncoder.encode(reqString, "UTF-8");

others not, so in my filter those that are not encoded work properly with:

httpMethod.setURI(new URI(resourcePath.toString(), false));

and those that are encoded work properly with:

httpMethod.setURI(new URI(resourcePath.toString(), true));

How can I know whether or not an incoming request was encoded? or How can I deal with this?

Thanks in advanced!

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync. Check it out!

Re: Encoding/Decoding

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
Gerardo Corro wrote:
> Hi HC people,
>

> I'm implementing a filter that processes requests from many sources, and I always do a redirection at the end, the problem I have is that some request are encoded with:
>
> URLEncoder.encode(reqString, "UTF-8");
>
> others not, so in my filter those that are not encoded work properly with:
>
> httpMethod.setURI(new URI(resourcePath.toString(), false));
>
> and those that are encoded work properly with:
>
> httpMethod.setURI(new URI(resourcePath.toString(), true));
>
> How can I know whether or not an incoming request was encoded? or How can I deal with this?

I am afraid you can't. There is a reason why people are supposed to use
standards.

Oleg