Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Graham Leggett <gr...@dsn.ericsson.se> on 1999/04/16 16:37:33 UTC

External compiled modules in v1.3.4 / Solasris v2.7

Hi all,

In the past I have installed Dave Carrigan's auth_ldap module v1.3.0
into Apache v1.3.4 running on Solaris v2.5.1 without a problem.

I recently tried the exact same thing, but on Solaris v2.7. Everything
builds and installs fine using the axps program, however when you try
start Apache it does this:

Syntax error on line 235 of /opt/local/apache-test/conf/httpd.conf:
Can't locate API module structure `auth_ldap_module' in file
/opt/local/apache-test/libexec/auth_ldap.so: ld.so.1:
/opt/local/apache-test/bin/httpd: fatal: auth_ldap_module: can't find
symbol
../bin/apachectl restart: httpd could not be started

Changing to Apache v1.3.6 and auth_ldap v1.3.2 has the same effect.

I have tried to contact the author of auth_ldap, but haven't received a
response yet - what I need to know is whether there is something in
Solaris v2.7 that would stop any of this from working?

What exactly is the error message trying to tell me?

Regards,
Graham