Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/26 18:12:09 UTC

Re: [T5] 5.0.7 ajax update

I'm in the middle of a bunch of Ajax related changes.

See class AjaxComponentActionRequestHandler for an example of how to
do a partial page render.

Obviously, the code in your example is stuff from the .internal.
package, subject to change at any time.

I have an outstanding issue to add some stable, public APIs to
accomplish this kind of thing.

You may find that the new Ajax support will accomplish what you need
easier.  It's still in progress.

On Nov 26, 2007 6:42 AM, Alexander Turtsevich <at...@beldts.de> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i used this example for tapestry 5.0.6 to update some components:
>
>     public Object onMyAction()
>     {
>         MarkupWriter markupWriter = _markupWriterFactory.newMarkupWriter();
>         markupWriter.element("component");
>         _pageRenderInitializer.setup(markupWriter);
>         Page page =
> _requestPageCache.get(_componentResources.getPageName());
>         ComponentPageElement element =
> page.getRootElement().getEmbeddedElement("componentId");
>         RenderQueueImpl queue = new RenderQueueImpl(page.getLogger());
>         queue.push(element);
>         queue.run(markupWriter);
>         markupWriter.end();
>         _pageRenderInitializer.cleanup(markupWriter);
>         return new TextStreamResponse("text/html", markupWriter.toString());
>     }
>
> but for 5.0.7 this code doesnt work.
>
> How partial page rendering should be done using 5.0.7??
>
> thanks for any help

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Partner and Senior Architect at Feature50