Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Thad Humphries <th...@mindwrap.com> on 2004/02/18 20:32:43 UTC

Tiles and message-resources

Is there any way to for a tlles definition to take a value from the
message-resources file?  For example, if I wanted only one file to control my
applications text, could

<tiles:put name="title" value="Page Title" />

pull the value from the message-resources file like a JSP would do.

Re: Tiles and message-resources

Posted by Nadeem Bitar <na...@izucode.com>.
You can internationalize your tiles definitions. In the localized
version you only override the localized strings.
Example
tiles-defs.xml
<definition name=".home" extends=".mainLayout">
	<put name="title" value="Homepage"/>
	<put name="content" value="somejsp.jsp"/>
	<put name="leftCol" value="anotherjsp.jsp"/>
</definition>

and inside tiles-defs_ja.xml you only override title

<definition name=".home" extends".mainLayout">
	<put name="title" value="Japanese Homepage Title"/>
</definition>