Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jeff Boschee <je...@mindcloud.com> on 2010/05/11 21:03:39 UTC

How do I use a Parameter for URL

I'm trying to add a parameter to user.properties to make the URL dynamic
so that the user.properties file can be replaced to point to different
URLs.  I wrote a tool that outputs a user.properties file.  The problem
I'm having is that I can't seem to use passed in properties in HTTP
Request Defaults.  I've tried different ways of doing it, but I'd like
to do something like this.

${__P(testURL, http://about.blank)}

I can use a parameter like

${server}

However the variable has to be defined in the test plan and it won't use
the property from the file.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?  I've gotten lots of other things
to use the properties file such as threads and rampup.

Thanks
Jeff

RE: How do I use a Parameter for URL

Posted by Viswanathan Arunachalam <v....@auckland.ac.nz>.
You can use a CSV Data set config and pass the urls via parameters
${__P(testURL, ${url})}

Regards,

Applications QA Analyst
The University of Auckland, New Zealand|Te Whare Wananga o Tamaki Makaurau, Aotearoa, M: +64 9 923 5264  :: v.arunachalam@auckland.ac.nz
“Om Sakti Amman Vinayaka Muruga Sastha Tunai”

1883-2008: Celebrating 125 Years

Mission: To provide effective IT services that enhances the reputation of The University of Auckland through innovation and collaboration.
Vision   : To be a respected, world class leader in university IT service provision.
Values  : Honesty and Integrity, Mutual Respect and Openness, Collaboration, Accountability, Innovation and Capability, Continuous Improvement
Please consider the environment before printing this email

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/JMeterFAQ#How_do_I_pass_parameters_into_my_Test_scripts.3F_I_want_to_be_able_to_use_the_same_script_to_test_with_different_numbers_of_threads_and_loops.2C_and_I_don.27t_want_to_have_to_change_the_script_each_time.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.