Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Chuck Reynolds <cr...@ancestry.com> on 2017/08/29 21:09:44 UTC

UnauthorizedException: user has no select permissions when quering Cassandra

I’m receiving the following error when quering a table that I know the user has super user rights to.

It only happens about 10% of the time.

com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.UnauthorizedException: User test has no SELECT permission on <table testtable> or any of its parents.

Re: UnauthorizedException: user has no select permissions when quering Cassandra

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.
Double check the replication config for that keyspace, make sure all data centers are spelled properly and there is no extra white space

--
Jeff Jirsa

Posted by Chuck Reynolds <cr...@ancestry.com>.
Yes.  We’ve tried them all.

From: Akhil Mehra <ak...@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 4:06 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <us...@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Re: UnauthorizedException: user has no select permissions when quering Cassandra

What consistency are you running the query with? Does the query timeout even with a consistency of one?

From: Akhil Mehra <ak...@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 3:46 PM
To: user <us...@cassandra.apache.org>>

Posted by Akhil Mehra <ak...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chuck Reynolds <cr...@ancestry.com>.

From: Akhil Mehra <ak...@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 3:46 PM
To: user <us...@cassandra.apache.org>

Posted by Akhil Mehra <ak...@gmail.com>.
I could be that authorisation is added to a node without increasing the replication factor for the system_auth keyspace (https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/3.0/cassandra/configuration/secureConfigInternalAuth.html <https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/3.0/cassandra/configuration/secureConfigInternalAuth.html>)

or for some reason the authorisation has not replicated to a particular node.

Cheers,
Akhil
http://abiasforaction.net <http://abiasforaction.net/>