Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Doug Steigerwald <ds...@mcclatchyinteractive.com> on 2007/06/07 18:16:36 UTC

Has anyone experienced major kaha failure?

Greetings.

We're leaning heavily towards kaha for our persistent storage.  Has anyone had any major issues with
data corruption or total kaha failure when ActiveMQ crashes (if/when it does, or for any other reason).

We're just running through some DR scenarios.

--
Doug Steigerwald
Software Developer

Re: Has anyone experienced major kaha failure?

Posted by Tom Samplonius <to...@samplonius.org>.
  I have.  Just "kill -9" the java process to simulate a power failure.  Try various producer and consumer combinations.

  In certain circumstances ActiveMQ will not be able to auto-recover, because it tries to access a file that should not be there (ie data--2).  There is a bug in the code, where an extra hyphen is added to the pathname (it should be data-2) in some cases.