Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Douglas LeMoine (LMC)" <Do...@ericsson.ca> on 2003/02/19 17:59:49 UTC

can the plugins cache directory be specified

Hi,

Ie: is there a maven property that can be used in a maven project file to specify the temporary cache directory?

If there is no way to do this, how are many users able to simultaneously run one maven installation without corrupting the cache/repository.

thanks,
doug

Re: can the plugins cache directory be specified

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 11:59, Douglas LeMoine (LMC) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ie: is there a maven property that can be used in a maven project file to specify the temporary cache directory?
>
> If there is no way to do this, how are many users able to simultaneously run one maven installation without corrupting the cache/repository.

Vincent Massol asked for this a while ago and this would be something
very easy to do. So you could have a read-only installation pristine
installation and still be able to unpack the plugins and create the
cache. I am pretty close to having the plugins work in situ without
having to expand the JARs.

But the specification of user-define scratch area is a good and has been
brought up so if you raise an issue in JIRA with an explanation of how
you see it working we can pursue it. JIRA is your friend :-)

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com