Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Mansour Al Akeel <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/27 02:53:52 UTC

War deployemnt

Hello all,
I need some help deploying a war file to geronimo. The war file for
hippo cms. I started a thread and asked for help on their mainling list

http://hippo.2275632.n2.nabble.com/Hippo-CMS-on-apache-geronimo-td6405694.html

But I think it's more related to gernimo that HippoCMS

I tried to deply on both G-3.0-M1 and 2.2
No luck

Thank you.

Re: War deployemnt

Posted by Mansour Al Akeel <ma...@gmail.com>.
Wow, I truly appreciate the fast reply, David.
Definetly, I will continue working on this, and see what I can do to
solve the issue. I will report the results back and share them.

I will try your advice.
Thank you.

Re: War deployemnt

Posted by Mansour Al Akeel <ma...@gmail.com>.
Kevan,
thank you for following up, and sorry for not replying earlier. In
fact the issue for the invalid web.xml was resolved while ago. But the
changes were local on my machine, and when I sent you maven project,
it just got the dependencies from the repo where this issue is still
there. I sent you maven project to make it easy to customize. I will
get back to this issue, this weekend, and will re-upload the correct
EAR file.
Thank you.

Re: War deployemnt

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: War deployemnt

Posted by Mansour Al Akeel <ma...@gmail.com>.
I was able to create the ear file, and I think I am getting closer to
deploy it to geronimo. I am facing this issue, and wondering if there's
a way to resolve it without diging the WAR file, and correct the
web.xml. I was able to find a similar issue on the mailing list here

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-user/200803.mbox/%3C18DC284A-A7E8-4F8E-A99E-F6CA5098D63E@yahoo.com%3E

Hopping I don't need to fix all the war files.

Using GERONIMO_HOME:   /opt/geronimo
Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: var/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /home/mansour/.gentoo/java-config-2/current-user-vm/jre
Username: system
Password: ***********
2011-05-31 12:47:55,652 ERROR [DeployTool] Error:
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Unable to deploy hippo-package-cms-ear-2.21.00.ear: Error parsing web.xml for hippo-repository-application-2.20.01-SNAPSHOT.war
	Invalid deployment descriptor: errors:
error: cvc-complex-type.2.4a: Expected elements 'run-as@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee security-role-ref@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee' instead of 'init-param@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee' here in element servlet@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
Descriptor:
<!--* Copyright 2007 Hippo
  * Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the  "License");
  * http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
  * limitations under the License.-->
<web-app xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee  http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd" version="2.5" id="hippo-ecm-repository" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee">
  <!--General configuration-->
  <description>Hippo ECM repository accessible as remote service to other applications.</description>
  <display-name>Hippo ECM repository</display-name>
  <!--Rmi registration
    For running in jetty start rmiregistry and set to 'rmi://localhost:1099/hipporepository'
    For deployment in a true application server (glassfish, jboss, weblogic etc.) set to 'hipporepository'
  '-->
  <context-param>
    <description>The address of the repository</description>
    <param-name>repository-address</param-name>
    <param-value>rmi://localhost:1099/hipporepository</param-value>
    <!--param-value>hipporepository</param-value-->
  </context-param>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>StatusServlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.hippoecm.repository.StatusServlet</servlet-class>
    <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>LoggingServlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.hippoecm.repository.LoggingServlet</servlet-class>
    <load-on-startup>3</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>PingServlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.hippoecm.repository.PingServlet</servlet-class>
    <load-on-startup>3</load-on-startup>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>repository-address</param-name>
      <param-value>vm://</param-value>
    </init-param>
  </servlet>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>RepositoryServlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.hippoecm.repository.RepositoryServlet</servlet-class>
    <init-param>
      <description>The (relative) location where to store files</description>
      <param-name>repository-directory</param-name>
      <param-value>WEB-INF/storage</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <description>The location of the repository configuration file. Unless the location
      starts with file://, the location is retreived from within the application package as
      resource.</description>
      <param-name>repository-config</param-name>
      <param-value>repository.xml</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <load-on-startup>4</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>StatusServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/status/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>LoggingServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/logging/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>RepositoryServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/repository/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>PingServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/ping/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
  <!--Timeout in minutes-->
  <session-config>
    <session-timeout>5</session-timeout>
  </session-config>
  <!--<resource-ref>
    <res-ref-name>jdbc/hreptwo</res-ref-name>
    <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  </resource-ref>-->
  <!--<security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>Repository</web-resource-name>
      <url-pattern>/repository/*</url-pattern>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <auth-constraint>
      <role-name>repository-user</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>
    <user-data-constraint>
      <transport-guarantee>NONE</transport-guarantee>
    </user-data-constraint>
  </security-constraint>
  <login-config>
    <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
    <realm-name>Repository</realm-name>
  </login-config>-->
  <security-role>
    <role-name>repository-user</role-name>
  </security-role>
</web-app>
	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.CommandDeploy.runCommand(CommandDeploy.java:45)
	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.CommandDistribute.executeOnline(CommandDistribute.java:149)
	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.CommandDistribute.execute(CommandDistribute.java:125)
	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.DeployTool.execute(DeployTool.java:172)
	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.main(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:45)
	at org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:65)
	at org.apache.geronimo.cli.deployer.DeployerCLI.main(DeployerCLI.java:31)

Re: War deployemnt

Posted by Mansour Al Akeel <ma...@gmail.com>.
David,

Re: War deployemnt