Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Louis Ryan <lr...@google.com> on 2007/12/15 00:13:23 UTC

Proposal : Use java.net.URI instead of java.net.URL

Hi,

I noticed that the Shindig code is using java.net.URL which has some well
known performance issues in its 'equals' method. I think Shindig can happily
use java.net.URI instead and avoid those performance pitfalls and shield
consumers

Sound reasonable?

-Louis

Re: Proposal : Use java.net.URI instead of java.net.URL

Posted by John Hjelmstad <fa...@google.com>.
SHINDIG-1 added, thanks for the recommendation :)

--John

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Hjelmstad <fa...@google.com>.

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Hjelmstad <fa...@google.com>.
Fashioning the CL now - it'll be in my next commit.

Thanks,
John

Posted by Cassie <do...@google.com>.
+1