Posted to users@groovy.apache.org by Paul King <pa...@apache.org> on 2022/01/28 14:05:12 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Groovy 4.0.0 Released

Dear community,

The Apache Groovy team is pleased to announce version 4.0.0 of Apache Groovy.
Apache Groovy is a multi-faceted programming language for the JVM.
Further details can be found at the https://groovy.apache.org website.

We are sure you'll enjoy the features in this new version of Groovy
including switch expressions, sealed types, records, language integrated query
and much more! Your feedback on any unintentional glitches is also welcome.

This release includes 28 bug fixes/improvements since RC-2 as outlined
in the changelog:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318123&version=12351156

All up there are about 800 new features, improvements and bug fixes
since Groovy 3
was released just under a year ago. Special thanks go to the 80+
contributors for this
release and everyone involved in the Groovy community and ecosystem.

Sources, convenience binaries, downloadable documentation and an SDK
bundle can be found at: https://groovy.apache.org/download.html
We recommend you verify your installation using the information on that page.
Jars are also available within the major binary repositories.

For more information on how to report problems, and to get involved,
visit the project website at https://groovy.apache.org/

Best regards,

The Apache Groovy team.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Groovy 4.0.0 Released

Posted by Guillaume Laforge <gl...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations everyone!
That's an awesome achievement for an awesome release!!!

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Laforge
Apache Groovy committer

Blog: http://glaforge.appspot.com/
Twitter: @glaforge <http://twitter.com/glaforge>

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Groovy 4.0.0 Released

Posted by Guillaume Laforge <gl...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations everyone!