Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by "Whitney, Adam" <Ad...@am.sony.com> on 2015/09/25 19:35:13 UTC

Release plan for kafka security

Hello Kafka Developers,

I’m looking for a queuing solution and Kafka is very near the top of my list … except that security is a primary concern (see the domain my email is coming from ;-)

I’m a little confused about when security is going to be part of Kafka and in what release. On the Future Release Plan wiki<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Future+release+plan> it shows it might be part of 0.8.3. But on Jira<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1686> it looks like it is targeted for 0.9.0 release and there is no 0.9.0 release date listed on the wiki.

Any help figuring out when security might become part of Kafka would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
adam

Re: Release plan for kafka security

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@confluent.io>.
My guess is that we might be able to get security and consumer work in by
November for the 0.9 release.

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 10:44 AM, Aditya Auradkar <
aauradkar@linkedin.com.invalid> wrote:

> Basically, 0.8.3 has been renamed to 0.9.0. The plan is to include security
> in the 0.9 release which should happen once all the blocker bugs have been
> resolved and testing is complete (committers can provide more accurate
> timelines).
>
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Whitney, Adam <Ad...@am.sony.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello Kafka Developers,
> >
> > I’m looking for a queuing solution and Kafka is very near the top of my
> > list … except that security is a primary concern (see the domain my email
> > is coming from ;-)
> >
> > I’m a little confused about when security is going to be part of Kafka
> and
> > in what release. On the Future Release Plan wiki<
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Future+release+plan>
> it
> > shows it might be part of 0.8.3. But on Jira<
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1686> it looks like it is
> > targeted for 0.9.0 release and there is no 0.9.0 release date listed on
> the
> > wiki.
> >
> > Any help figuring out when security might become part of Kafka would be
> > greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > adam

Neha