Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andrew NA <hy...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/22 14:26:30 UTC

[users@httpd] bandwidth consumption problems?

My Apache processor takes up a whole lot of bandwidth. Basically, it takes up about 90% of my download speed, and I'm assuming about the same for upload speed.

Now, this is probably because I have a whole ton-load of media on my site, I admit that. People always downloading takes away from my bandwidth.

But wouldn't that take away from my upload speed, though? I thought that is what sites primarily ran off was the upload speed part, because its your computer/internet uploading files to theirs? Why is it my download speed has gone from 4mbits/s to less then 56k?

I mean, I can't even play online games any more for the lag (though I'm not sure if online gaming is more upload or download speed, I thought it was download)

Does anyone know any tips or tricks for lessening bandwidth consumption? I'm running Apache 2.0.54 (latest stable) on Windows XP.

Thanks.

Yahoo! Mail