Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/23 13:17:27 UTC

Desperately seeking a Tree example

Hi Devs,

I have tried and tried but I just don't get how the Tree component is intended to be used.  I'm asking here because no-one over on the Users list seems to know either.

I'm trying to make an example for JumpStart. The use case is simple: show a page with a Tree on the left and, when you select a leaf, display the related object on the right.

Some sample code from someone who truly understands the Tree's capabilities and limitations would be greatly appreciated.

Following that, I'd also like to understand how to make use of Tree's multiple selection capability. What's its intended purpose?

Regards,

Geoff

Re: Desperately seeking a Tree example

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. I've put all I've learnt into a solution in latest JumpStart demo.

Posted by David Canteros <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Canteros <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Geoff,

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi Igor,

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
There are some examples in tapestry-core's test app:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/trunk/tapestry-core/src/test/java/org/apache/tapestry5/integration/app1/pages/TreeDemo.java?view=markup

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/trunk/tapestry-core/src/test/resources/org/apache/tapestry5/integration/app1/pages/TreeDemo.tml?view=markup

and

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/trunk/tapestry-core/src/test/java/org/apache/tapestry5/integration/app1/pages/TreeSelectionDemo.java?view=markup

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/trunk/tapestry-core/src/test/resources/org/apache/tapestry5/integration/app1/pages/TreeSelectionDemo.tml?view=markup

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Geoff Callender <
geoff.callender.jumpstart@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> I have tried and tried but I just don't get how the Tree component is
> intended to be used.  I'm asking here because no-one over on the Users list
> seems to know either.
>
> I'm trying to make an example for JumpStart. The use case is simple: show
> a page with a Tree on the left and, when you select a leaf, display the
> related object on the right.
>
> Some sample code from someone who truly understands the Tree's
> capabilities and limitations would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Following that, I'd also like to understand how to make use of Tree's
> multiple selection capability. What's its intended purpose?
>
> Regards,
>
> Geoff

Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko