Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jonathan <ja...@i-2000.com> on 2001/06/08 22:58:51 UTC

Concepts in working with multipart request

Hello all.
I wanted to know if I am able to use the MultipartRequestWrapper object by itself.
That is, can I store MultipartRequestWrapper objects in a bean.
My purpose is to temporarily store a binary and its file name in a bean until the final form page when the user submits the whole "kit and kaboodle".

Part of the problem is that I dont understand what is going on. It looks like the request keeps the following:
"name" property representing the form field name
"value" property representing the String path of the file you uploaded
some binary Stream data representing the file

I realy have no idea, and I am looking around for answers but am coming up empty.
Can someone sum up what is happening here, what the request contains, what values the request works with, and what are the requirements.

Thanks sincerely,
Jonathan