Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by jincheng sun <su...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/30 09:25:16 UTC

[DISCUSS] Releasing Flink 1.8.2

Hi Flink devs,

It has been nearly 2 months since the 1.8.1 released. So, what do you think
about releasing Flink 1.8.2 soon?

We already have some blocker and critical fixes in the release-1.8 branch:

[Blocker]
- FLINK-13159 java.lang.ClassNotFoundException when restore job
- FLINK-10368 'Kerberized YARN on Docker test' unstable
- FLINK-12578 Use secure URLs for Maven repositories

[Critical]
- FLINK-12736 ResourceManager may release TM with allocated slots
- FLINK-12889 Job keeps in FAILING state
- FLINK-13484 ConnectedComponents end-to-end test instable with
NoResourceAvailableException
- FLINK-13508 CommonTestUtils#waitUntilCondition() may attempt to sleep
with negative time
- FLINK-13806 Metric Fetcher floods the JM log with errors when TM is lost

Furthermore, I think the following one blocker issue should be merged
before 1.8.2 release.

- FLINK-13897: OSS FS NOTICE file is placed in wrong directory

It would also be great if we can have the fix of Elasticsearch6.x connector
threads leaking (FLINK-13689) in 1.8.2 release which is identified as major.

Please let me know what you think?

Cheers,
Jincheng

Re: [DISCUSS] Releasing Flink 1.8.2

Posted by Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jincheng,

Thanks a lot for bring up this discussion. +1 for this release.

Regards,
Dian

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Thanks all of you for fixing issues for 1.8.2 release!
The VOTE mail thread of the first RC of 1.8.2 already brought up.
I would appreciate if you can help to check the release and VOTE the RC1.

Thanks,
Jark

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jincheng sun <su...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the udpate Jark!

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Kostas Kloudas <kk...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I will do that Jark!

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kostas Kloudas <kk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for waiting!

Posted by jincheng sun <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kostas Kloudas <kk...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by jincheng sun <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jincheng, I will look into the release guidelines.

Hi @Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org> , should we mark FLINK-13586 as a
blocker? And how long do you think this issue will take?

I summarized the current status of issues we need to track:

[Bloker]:
[FLINK-13897] OSS FS NOTICE file is placed in wrong directory (@Chesnay was
working on it, PR was reviewed)
[Major]:
[FLINK-13586] Method ClosureCleaner.clean broke backward compatibility
between 1.8.0 and 1.8.1 (need PR)
[FLINK-13689] Rest High Level Client for Elasticsearch6.x connector leaks
threads if no connection could be established (reviewed by @Gordon, PR need
to be updated)

And we have a new issue FLINK-13925 target to 1.8.2 marked as major, I'm
not sure whether we should wait this for 1.8.2, could @Aljoscha Krettek
<al...@apache.org> help to check it?
[FLINK-13925] ClassLoader in BlobLibraryCacheManager is not using context
class loader

Thank you all for the fixing and reviewing.

The issues of this release can be tracked here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/FLINK/versions/12345670

Best,
Jark

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.