Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net> on 2014/03/07 22:19:23 UTC

Fail assembly plugin if symbols are unknown

Hello,

we use in a lot of projects special assembly descriptors, which
typically use the following pattern:

<assembly
    <id>distribution</id>
    <baseDirectory></baseDirectory>
    <files>
        <file>
            <outputDirectory>${dist.x}/${dist.base.software.lib}</outputDirectory>
            <source>${project.build.directory}/x.jar</source>
        </file>
    </files>
</assembly>

We are currently cleaning up some POMs and there is a risk that some of
the properties are no longer defined. This produces ZIP files which
have directory or file names in there with unexpanded ${dist*} symbols
(file name not filters).

Is it possible to make the assembly (archiver?) plugin (and
others) fail in a situation where ${} cannot be interpolated?

The same would be nice for manifest headers in the maven archiver
(filter in this case)?

Greetings
Bernd

Re: Fail assembly plugin if symbols are unknown

Posted by Bernd <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Hello,

I think using the enforcer is generally possible, but I am looking for an
option I can configure in the parent POM. For requireProperty I would have
to have a list of all the properties used in the assembly descriptors
(which means i have to maintain 2 times).

My goal is to find mismatch automatically and early without additional
manual steps.

I havent seen somewhere a general maven concept about handling unexpanded
properties, so I think about providing patches to some specific components
(if it has a chance to be included?).

Greetings
Bernd

Posted by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com>.