Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jo...@barclayscapital.com on 2012/03/06 21:54:34 UTC

There is a way to download all the artifacts and dependencies for a given project without compiling

Hello all,

Does anybody know if there is a way to download all the artifacts and dependencies for a project from the command line with maven without compiling the project or getting the master pom file?

What about getting a list of artifacts using the coordinates (like groupid)?

I guess one could write a spider (or use XMl-RPC API) to connect to a repository manager like archiva to get the artifacts, but it is possible to do it directly from Maven from the command line? (mvn dependency:copy-dependencies seems to do something similar, but you need the master pom).

Thanks,

--Jose

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to buy or sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of Barclays. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Barclays. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the following link: www.barcap.com/emaildisclaimer. By messaging with Barclays you consent to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC, a company registered in England (number 1026167) with its registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays Group.

RE: There is a way to download all the artifacts and dependencies for a given project without compiling

Posted by jo...@barclayscapital.com.
Thanks, that's a good start.

--Jose

> Let me rephrase the question to "it is possible to download all the artifacts that belong
> to a specific group and version without getting the master pom".

Probably you could make something work with Aether API:
http://www.sonatype.org/aether/
http://www.sonatype.com/people/category/aether/

Wayne

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Let me rephrase the question to "it is possible to download all the artifacts that belong
> to a specific group and version without getting the master pom".

Probably you could make something work with Aether API:
http://www.sonatype.org/aether/
http://www.sonatype.com/people/category/aether/

Wayne

RE: There is a way to download all the artifacts and dependencies for a given project without compiling

Posted by jo...@barclayscapital.com.
Let me rephrase the question to "it is possible to download all the artifacts that belong to a specific group and version without getting the master pom".

--Jose

> Does anybody know if there is a way to download all the artifacts and dependencies
> for a project from the command line with maven without compiling the project or
> getting the master pom file?

Not that I am aware of. How could you possibly know the dependencies
for a project without having the pom that goes along with the
project?? If you can answer that, then maybe we can talk about how you
could do this (probably involving Aether).

Wayne

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.