Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Steve Hay <St...@planit.com> on 2008/08/06 08:16:05 UTC

RE: svnlook diff output in wrong order when redirected

Karl Fogel wrote:
> Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.co.il> writes:
>> Because svn_cmdline_printf() uses the standard "FILE *stdout" to
>> write to stdout, while svn_stream_for_stdout() uses (through
>> apr_file_open_stdout()) Windows API's to get a handle for stdout?
>
> Ah, could be.  Committed in r32019.
>
> Thanks, Steve and Daniel (and Dang Nguyen, the original reporter).
>
> -Karl

I've just upgraded to svn-1.5.1 (djh's svn-win32-1.5.1.zip in
http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=8100,
which reports itself as r32289--a later revision number than the above
commit), and I find that this problem isn't fixed.

Did the fix go in this build or is it built from a branch that didn't
get the fix?

RE: svnlook diff output in wrong order when redirected

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
Steve Hay wrote on Wed, 6 Aug 2008 at 09:16 +0100:
> Karl Fogel wrote:
> > Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.co.il> writes:
> >> Because svn_cmdline_printf() uses the standard "FILE *stdout" to
> >> write to stdout, while svn_stream_for_stdout() uses (through
> >> apr_file_open_stdout()) Windows API's to get a handle for stdout?
> >
> > Ah, could be.  Committed in r32019.
> >
> > Thanks, Steve and Daniel (and Dang Nguyen, the original reporter).
> >
> > -Karl
>
> I've just upgraded to svn-1.5.1 (djh's svn-win32-1.5.1.zip in
> http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=8100,
> which reports itself as r32289--a later revision number than the above
> commit), and I find that this problem isn't fixed.
>
> Did the fix go in this build or is it built from a branch that didn't
> get the fix?

I've now proposed the fix for backport to 1.5.x.  It will probably be
included in 1.5.2.  Thanks.

Daniel

Re: svnlook diff output in wrong order when redirected

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com>.
"Steve Hay" <St...@planit.com> writes:
> Karl Fogel wrote:
>> Ah, could be.  Committed in r32019.
>>
>> Thanks, Steve and Daniel (and Dang Nguyen, the original reporter).
>>
>> -Karl
>
> I've just upgraded to svn-1.5.1 (djh's svn-win32-1.5.1.zip in
> http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=8100,
> which reports itself as r32289--a later revision number than the above
> commit), and I find that this problem isn't fixed.
>
> Did the fix go in this build or is it built from a branch that didn't
> get the fix?

The latter.  However, this fix has been nominated for 1.5.2, the next
release from the 1.5.x line, and it is now one review+vote shy of being
merged.  So I think you'll probably see it in 1.5.2.

Best,
-Karl