Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by 4wayserver <4w...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/08 13:49:08 UTC

Synchronize var/mail and var/nntp folders

Hi,

I would like to run a news+maillist server in which users can read/post using a newsreader or an email client.

For instance,
Users can subscribe to "com.example.test" newsgroup via a newsreader
OR
send a subscription email to subscribe_test@example.com and use test@example.com.

Does it mean that I have to synchronize var/mail and var/nntp folders?
If so, how? If it doesn't, is there some other (simpler) way?

Ken

Re: Synchronize var/mail and var/nntp folders

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@gmail.com>.
There never has been a good way to do this. At one time we were
planning to merge NNTP and mail so that this kind of thing would be
easy, but I think that because much fewer people use NNTP these days
it has never been a high enough priority. Sorry :-(