Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Ramon Cano Granizo <rc...@logic-factory.com> on 2003/12/29 12:20:22 UTC

word file

Hello,

    I'm developing an application that writes a very simple word file, and i'm thinking use jakarta-poi, but i can't
find an example about the use of the api, even the state of the project, can anyone send me an example?

Thanks a lot,

Re: word file

Posted by Ryan Ackley <sa...@cfl.rr.com>.
Here is a very simple example. Next time, ask questions like this on the
user list please.HWPFDocument doc = new HWPFDocument(new
FileInputStream(args[0]));
CharacterRun run = new CharacterRun();
run.setBold(true);
run.setItalic(true);
run.setCapitalized(true);

Range range = doc.getRange();
range.insertBefore("Hello World!!! HAHAHAHAHA I DID IT!!!", run);

OutputStream out = new FileOutputStream(args[1]);
doc.write(out);

out.flush();
out.close();