Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "Doan, Kevin" <Ke...@cra-arc.gc.ca> on 2008/01/11 20:34:47 UTC

NUTCH 559 patch to Nutch 0.7.2

I'm using Nutch 0.7.2 and would like to get it working with NTLM
authentication.

I've read about the NUTCH-559 patch and tried to patch Nutch 0.7.2 with
NUTCH-559 v 0.5

I'm getting a whole wack of HUNK failures:

*	src/plugin/build.xml

	*	Hunk # 1 FAILED at 89

*
src/plugin/protocol-httpclient/src/java/org/apache/nutch/protocol/httpcl
ient/Http.java

	*	Hunk #1 FAILED at 17
	*	Hunk #2 FAILED at 44
	*	Hunk #3 FAILED at 52
	*	Hunk #4 FAILED at 70
	*	Hunk #5 FAILED at 178
	*	Hunk #6 FAILED at 190

*
src/plugin/protocol-httpclient/src/java/org/apache/nutch/protocol/httpcl
ient/HttpResponse.java

	*	Hunk #1 FAILED at 21
	*	Hunk #2 FAILED at 36
	*	Hunk #3 FAILED at 99
	*	Hunk #4 FAILED at 198

*	src/plugin/protocol-httpclient/build.xml

	*	Hunk #1 FAILED at 27

Any ideas why?

Re: NUTCH 559 patch to Nutch 0.7.2

Posted by Susam Pal <su...@gmail.com>.
This is because the patch was generated against the trunk. For older
versions, you might have to make the changes manually where it fails.
Or alternatively, you might also try patching the trunk and then
copying the modified files such as Http.java, HttpResponse.java of
protocol-httpclient into Nutch 0.7.2

Regards,
Susam Pal