Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by richa <ri...@techblue.co.uk> on 2007/08/08 11:21:35 UTC

Re: optimise XmlSerialise.serialise(Document doc)

HI Michael,

Thanx a lot for your help. It really made my day when the code was actually
deployed. But, on live server i realized there is one more problem. The
problem is that the method i'm using to write the file is not able to read
the special characters like !/-. How can i resolve such issue, because this
is abst necessary for me. These values are not the tag names but part of the
tag value.
Any suggestions for this.

Thanx once again
Regards
Richa

Re: optimise XmlSerialise.serialise(Document doc)

Posted by Stanimir Stamenkov <st...@myrealbox.com>.
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 02:21:35 -0700 (PDT), /richa/:

> ... the method i'm using to write the file is not able to read
> the special characters like !/-.

What do you mean with "the method i'm using to write the file is not
able to read"?

> How can i resolve such issue, because this
> is abst necessary for me. These values are not the tag names but part of the
> tag value.

By tag value I presume you mean character data, either part of
element content or attribute value.  The characters you mention are
not special markup characters so they don't need special
encoding/escaping.  I'm not clear what you try to describe.

By the way, it is better to start a new thread for other issues
(different from this topic) you may have.

--
Stanimir