Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.com> on 2015/04/15 21:10:32 UTC

New PR build for ActiveMQ 5.x

Based on some feed-back from ApacheCon I just created a new job on Jenkins which will do a simple compilation (i.e. 'mvn compile') for pull requests sent to the ActiveMQ project (i.e. https://github.com/apache/activemq).  Ideally the job would run a small subset of tests to provide high-level assurance that the PR won't break anything significant, but at this point I don't know what those tests would be so this is a simple first step.  If anyone would like to contribute something (e.g. a Maven profile) that Jenkins could invoke to perform this general testing for PRs feel free.  I can change the job to execute any Maven target.

The job is at https://builds.apache.org/job/ActiveMQ-PR-Build/.

Justin

Re: New PR build for ActiveMQ 5.x

Posted by Clebert <cl...@gmail.com>.
btw. If u want a rebuild on the pr. The easiest way it to amend the commit even without any changes and push -f to your local fork. Jenkins would catch it automagically

-- Clebert Suconic typing on the iPhone.

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Justin,

good idea. We discussed about that yesterday with Hiram and Clebert.

+1

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: New PR build for ActiveMQ 5.x

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Sweet.  that should help a bit when evaluating PRs.

--
Hiram Chirino
Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.

Re: New PR build for ActiveMQ 5.x

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
it needs a target of mvn install -Dtest=0 b/c the schema is not generated
in the compile phase.

Posted by Mark Frazier <mm...@me.com>.
The Pioneers take the arrows!

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Frazier <mm...@me.com>.
Hey Clebert,

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
Any idea why this PR failed?

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
Nice one!!!! so people won't be able to break the build over PRs and
go un noticed  :)