Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/24 19:58:10 UTC

1.2 API signature problem with UIComponentTagBase

This line was removed from javax/faces/webapp/UIComponentTagBase as
part of rev 540403.
     protected static Logger log = Logger.getLogger
("javax.faces.webapp");

 From the commit log it seems that line was removed for binary
compatibility with the RI.  However, the signature test is now
failing since that field is required.  I assume that misalignment
with the spec was unintentional and changed it back in rev 541371.
But if binary compatibility with the RI is more preferable then let's
discuss changing it back.

Best wishes,
Paul

Re: 1.2 API signature problem with UIComponentTagBase

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
The sad news is that this field should never have been
added to UIComponentTagBase in the RI either - there's no
other logger instances exposed like this (others are private
static, as they should be), and this API was never
discussed on the EG.   But since it's there, MyFaces has
to add it too.  Yuck.

-- Adam