Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jim McCaskey <ji...@pervasive.com> on 2009/03/30 18:38:48 UTC

maven repository version

Hello all,

I have a hunch the answer to this is going to be "use a repository manager" but thought I would ask.

I have built up 3 internal maven repositories that we point at via settings in our settings.xml.  I would like to be able to "version" 2 of them.  Essentially what I am thinking of is writing a file to the root of each repository that has a tag in it so I can tie a "version" of my maven repositories to a "version" of a component that I built.

My reason for doing this is why use ranges in a number of places, I don't want a build to suddenly get the wrong version of a component based on the ranges.

Has anyone tried this sort of thing without a repository manager?

-Jim

RE: maven repository version

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
any advantages to manually track file versions
(instead of using version control to manage the process)
?
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
This message is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, we kindly ask you to  please inform the sender. Any unauthorised dissemination or copying hereof is prohibited. This message serves for information purposes only and shall not have any legally binding effect. Given that e-mails can easily be subject to manipulation, we can not accept any liability for the content provided.

> From: jim.mccaskey@pervasive.com
> To: users@maven.apache.org
> Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 11:38:48 -0500
> Subject: maven repository version
>
> Hello all,
>
> I have a hunch the answer to this is going to be "use a repository manager" but thought I would ask.
>
> I have built up 3 internal maven repositories that we point at via settings in our settings.xml.  I would like to be able to "version" 2 of them.  Essentially what I am thinking of is writing a file to the root of each repository that has a tag in it so I can tie a "version" of my maven repositories to a "version" of a component that I built.
>
> My reason for doing this is why use ranges in a number of places, I don't want a build to suddenly get the wrong version of a component based on the ranges.
>
> Has anyone tried this sort of thing without a repository manager?
>
> -Jim

HotmailĀ® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast.