Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk> on 1999/04/27 21:52:32 UTC

Re: follow up handler problem

tser wrote:

> i l(ove)(ife) to be ignored :o)
>
> *sits relaxed in corner of the mailing list*
> *puts hands in the air*
> "may i have for 2 seconds your attention"?
> (hears mumble of shaking heads in the background)
> No ?-)
> *turns around*
> *talks to the wall* "hi wall!"
>
> "When some (dummy, mostly, somebody like reinder), user makes a handler
> misconfiguration inside his httpd.conf, should he
>
> a) Be blamed, by not getting any errors in his error log, just because a
> file, similair to the requested locationn exist, or
> b) Be warned about his foolishness, by both giving the surfing user a
> (any number) error, and a bravely report that he might have a typo
> c) Be Warned that the Handler Doesn't exist, and a file, similair to the
> similair to the requested location doesn't exist neither.
>
> *stares to the wall*  "a and c are the current situation,wall"
>
>                         *writes in the ground* "Hello, WorldWideWall "
>                                                                 - Reinder.

Hmm. Well, I'm not going to ingore you, but I can't say I understand you
either. I will note, though, that when I use mod_perl, and have _all_ my
Perl done as an Action, then I get a warning about the handler for Perl
not being found, with great regularity. One of these days I'll get
around to finding out why, and then I may understand what you are
saying.

Cheers,

Ben.

--