Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com> on 2006/03/19 15:01:56 UTC

Tooting our Horn #2 : Article in SD Times

I want to apologize.  I've gotten decent over the years at dealing with
journalists, but unless I get a copy of the material before publication
- which is rare - it's hard for journalists to get our way of working as
peers correctly described.

There's an article in SD Times about Harmony, and I'm erroneously
described as the "project manager".  I didn't describe myself that way -
I have very polished talking points for how ASF projects work, but they
don't always stick - and will work with the author so he'll get it right
next time.

That said, our little project is top of the page :

    http://www.sdtimes.com/index.html

here's the story

    http://www.sdtimes.com/article/story-20060315-01.html

and in the printed version, we're front-page, top of the page as well.
My picture is also there - something I'm surprised and somewhat
embarrassed about (I thought it would be a tiny headshot on a back page)
- but besides those, I'm thrilled that we're getting this kind of
positive coverage.

geir