Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Marian Skalsky <ms...@euromove.sk> on 2002/09/12 11:21:39 UTC

Pass parameters from JSPPortlet to the JSP

Hi there!

I use JSPPortlet to get my JSP in to the portal. But I wanna pass some
parameters from portlet config. to that JSP (call it like
JSP?par1=value1&par2=value2..).

I alterned JSPPortlet that it looks for parameters using
getPortletConfig().getInitParameterNames();
This works and I get my parameters list I defined in .xreg file. But as I
don't know the turbine at all, I'm unable to pass these argument to the JSP.

In the JSPPortlet code:

      JspService service = (JspService)TurbineServices.getInstance()
                       .getService(JspService.SERVICE_NAME);
      // this is only necessary if we ddon't run in a JSP page environment
      // but better be safe than sorry...
      service.addDefaultObjects(rundata);
      // handle request
      service.handleRequest(rundata, locatedTemplate);
I was trying to find some methods or way how to pass arguments, but I was
unable to achieve that.
I tried  service.handleRequest(rundata, locatedTemplate + *myParameters*);
but this of course doesn't work.

Can you please tell me how to PASS arguments with JSPService or some other
way.

Thanx a lot.
$kala (www.eea.sk)

Re: Pass parameters from JSPPortlet to the JSP

Posted by Marian Skalsky <ms...@euromove.sk>.
Mark,

It helped! Thx. a lot.

$kala.

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
Yes. Just don't forget this import in your JSP:

<%@ page import = "org.apache.jetspeed.portal.Portlet" %>

Posted by Mike Zhou <er...@yahoo.com>.
Mark,

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.