Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2009/11/03 19:42:22 UTC

order of classpath entries for deploytool

The deploytool (used to deploy soap annotators) formerly had a classpath
which started with
%CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\classes.  After the refactoring to
use a common script, this path entry will now follow %UIMA_CLASSPATH%,
and core UIMA, and ActiveMQ (if %ACTIVEMQ_HOME% is set), and
%CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib.

Is this OK?

-Marshall

Re: order of classpath entries for deploytool

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Burn Lewis wrote:
> My reading of the old scripts has this directory at the very end of the
> classpath ... now it immediately follows the user-provided UIMA_CLASSPATH
> which seems more correct as I assume it contains user classes.

Yes, however, I'm moving it to the end, and wanted to know if that was OK.

The move comes about by (a) deleting it in the outer scripts where it
occurs, and (b) adding it to the inner script, at the point where the
classpath is being set up, and only adding it if CATALINA_HOME is
defined (it was added unconditionally before, causing some strange
classpath to be added if CATALINA_HOME wasn't defined).

That's what I'm trying to find out if it is OK.

-Marshall

Posted by Burn Lewis <bu...@gmail.com>.