Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2016/09/01 04:24:52 UTC

Re: FlexJS Storage

On 8/31/16, 4:24 PM, "xenia1234" <mw...@healthpi.com.au> wrote:

>I am using browser. So Can I still use this Permanent storage and how?

Probably not the Cordova-dependent storage providers.  Where is the XLS
file located?  Browsers generally don't have access to the file system.

-Alex

Re: FlexJS Storage

Posted by xenia1234 <mw...@healthpi.com.au>.
Okay, I can try that.
Thank you so much for your help.
I am newbie in FlexJS. Just trying to get my head around it.

Re: FlexJS Storage

Posted by xenia1234 <mw...@healthpi.com.au>.
Thanks Alex.

It worked perfectly.

Re: FlexJS Storage

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Instead of URLLoader, use org.apache.flex.network.HTTPService.

Set the url, call send(), when the COMPLETE event is fired, the data
property should hold your CSV file.

HTH,
-Alex

Re: FlexJS Storage

Posted by xenia1234 <mw...@healthpi.com.au>.
But how do you read it ?

Re: FlexJS Storage

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 8/31/16, 9:36 PM, "xenia1234" <mw...@healthpi.com.au> wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>
>Its a csv data file stored on the server. In this case, how can I load the
>csv file? Which components should I use?

I would think you could use HTTPService to load a CSV text file.  Did you
try that?

-Alex

Re: FlexJS Storage

Posted by xenia1234 <mw...@healthpi.com.au>.