Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martin Skopp <sk...@riege.de> on 2003/04/10 08:37:14 UTC

List of ${pom....} properties from POM

Hi,

the docu explains one can use e.g. ${pom.artifactId} insite the
project.xml
( http://maven.apache.org/reference/user-guide.html#POM Interpolation )

Which other data is accessible?  I saw $pom.name and $pom.inceptionYear
too, which more?

If "all" is accessible, is "${pom.organization.url}" valid and why is it
${pom.artifactId} and not ${pom.id} ?

Or do the accesible fields follow the naming of the java class
representing the POM?

Is it possible that someone adds detail info about this to the user
guide???

(I could do the latter and send a diff to a committer, but I first need
basic info about a "rule" to $pom... if such a rule exists)

Thnx
--
Martin Skopp
Riege Software International GmbH

This email is intended to be viewed with a nonproportional font.
Public Key on http://www.keyserver.net, Key-ID: 3D4027B5
Fingerprint: 1970 C78D 9A1D 99FA 5CE4  5C0D 29E6 6A95 3D40 27B5

Re: List of ${pom....} properties from POM

Posted by Ben Walding <de...@walding.com>.
${pom} is simply a reference to the Project object in the context

See the org.apache.maven.Project class for methods

and
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jexl/

jexl works pretty much the same way as velocity references

http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/vtl-reference-guide.html

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
"pom" is a reference to an "org.apache.maven.project.Project" object.
You can access any properties of that object using Jelly expressions.

So I guess the answer is :
>Or do the accesible fields follow the naming of the java class
>representing the POM?

yes.

Joe

http://maven.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/maven/project/Project.html

Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com
http://blog.germuska.com
"If nature worked that way, the universe would crash all the time."
	--Jaron Lanier