Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeff Jensen <je...@upstairstechnology.com> on 2005/06/01 05:03:57 UTC

RE: Multiproject plugin and "maven.build.dir" restrictions?

Yes Brett, thanks for asking.  I've been trying to get multiproject running
for quite awhile now and am very stuck, grasping at straws...wondering what
I have configured wrong.  Or what is odd about our product setup that causes
it to not work.

Basically, only some pages are generated in multiproject.

In the subprojects, only these reports are generated:
 - Javadoc
 - Cross Ref for main code plus test code
 - Task List

The output/log shows that subproject plugins register, e.g. checkstyle, pmd,
junit, and others, but they never run!

The other reports and the project info for subprojects are not generated.

The multiproject errors are:
 - Dashboard report is an empty page
 - Clicking subproject links from the multiproject page is invalid - the
pages do not exist (none of the standard HTML files are generated in the
subprojects).

The dependency convergence report works though.  And the subprojects
generate & deploy their sites successfully on their own.

Can you help step me through diagnosing the cause please??!

This is the project.properties file for the multiproject.

######## General ########
maven.xdoc.date=left
maven.xdoc.date.format=dd MMMM yyyy  HH:mm

#set build dir out of WSAD's scope, so WSAD doesn't validate these files
maven.build.dir=c:/devroot/healthmatch/builds/healthmatchmultiproject

######## dashboard plugin ########
maven.dashboard.runreactor=false
maven.dashboard.basedir=${basedir}/..
maven.dashboard.includes=*/project.xml
maven.dashboard.excludes=**/target/**/project.xml
maven.dashboard.aggregators=csfiles,cserrors,cswarnings,\

junittests,juniterrors,junitfailures,junitpassrate,\
                            pmdfiles,pmdviolations,\
                            simiantdl,\
                            tasklist

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
>  - Dashboard report is an empty page

I have a feeling this one doesn't like build.dir changes, but I don't
know enough about it (see the excludes you have, for example).

>  - Clicking subproject links from the multiproject page is invalid - the
> pages do not exist (none of the standard HTML files are generated in the
> subprojects).

This is usually because you have the navigation set to independant, in
which case the links are all external references based on the URL in
the POM and you need to build the subproject sites individually using
"site" instead of "multiproject:site" which is only used at th etop
level.

Do the above work when build.dir is the default?

Cheers,
Brett