Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2011/09/06 13:34:01 UTC

MaxRanges

From the code, MaxRanges 0 means unlimited…

Is that what we want? I can envision some use-cases where
an admin may want to disable ranges totally and MaxRanges
is really the place to do that.

How about a setting <0 means unlimited? (yes, this involves some
code and logic changes)...

Re: MaxRanges

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 10:41 AM, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com> wrote:
> +1… I don't think we should worry about overlaps and reversals
> in 2.2, just in trunk. So none/unlimited/#>0 for MaxRanges
> sounds good in both trunk and 2.2

Tried to address points ITT in trunk, and will look at 2.2.

Re: MaxRanges

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Re: MaxRanges

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Re: MaxRanges

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Re: MaxRanges

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

On Sep 6, 2011, at 8:41, Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 8:31 AM, Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:
>>> e.g. MaxRanges none | 0 (none) | unlimited | n>=1
>> 0 means unlimited - this is consistent across all of our configuration directives. Please let's not change that here. It's what folks expect it to mean. Let's not surprise them.
>
> How about rejecting 0 if it's too loaded/ambiguous? Accept
> "unlimited", "none" and n>0 ?

+1

Re: MaxRanges

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Re: MaxRanges

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

RE: MaxRanges

Posted by "Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group" <ru...@vodafone.com>.

Regards

Rüdiger

Re: MaxRanges

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Re: MaxRanges

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Sep 6, 2011, at 7:55 AM, Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group wrote:

> [...]

Yes… the plan would be to abide by 'May' in "14.5 Accept-Ranges"
and have httpd indicate none.

RE: MaxRanges

Posted by "Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group" <ru...@vodafone.com>.