Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by paul jobs <we...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/18 20:08:38 UTC

replication in couchdb

How do we implement replication in couchdb

The replicator given in the futon utility is manual or does it create a
permanent link  between the source and destination dbs

thanks a lot

Re: replication in couchdb

Posted by paul jobs <we...@gmail.com>.
The problems of upgrades are:

1. related to permissions
erlang doesnt have friendly error messages
2. couchdb cannot have 2 versions running simultaneously

make dev helps in running db in isolation

thanks jchris, nslater, jan and damien

i have gotten pointers on how to go about upgrading

Thanks

Re: replication in couchdb

Posted by Thomas Kerpe <th...@googlemail.com>.
For permanent replication maybe this will help:
http://blog.idearise.com/2008/09/08/couchdb-081/

//Thomas

Re: replication in couchdb

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: replication in couchdb

Posted by paul jobs <we...@gmail.com>.

Re: replication in couchdb

Posted by Ulises <ul...@gmail.com>.

Re: replication in couchdb

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
replication api

Re: replication in couchdb

Posted by paul jobs <we...@gmail.com>.
what json api

Re: replication in couchdb

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.
Couldn't you trigger the replication from the db update script?
There are examples in the docs of doing things like updating views after 3
document updates or 5 minutes (or some such timing thing). I feel as though
you could accomplish something similar with replication.

Re: replication in couchdb

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.