Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by rb...@covalent.net on 2000/11/21 18:17:51 UTC

mod_include.

Multiple issues.

#1) Paul I am sorry.  The bug was not your fault.  I re-tracked the bug
this morning.  We are computing content-length at the wrong time.

I have successfully served the FAQ with your patch.  Fix the issues I
submitted yesterday, and I will remove my veto, and give this a ++1 for
going into the code.  I still want to clean it up a bit, but this is
working better than what we have now.

#2)  I am cleaning the content-length filter.  We are computing a
content-length far too often right now.  I will submit a patch later
today.

#3)  A9.  Can we roll A9 tomorrow?  I know this is a fast turn-around, but
if we get mod_include in today, and A9 out tomorrow, we can still do a
beta between the 27th and 30th.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: mod_include.

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
> > I have successfully served the FAQ with your patch.  Fix the issues I
> > submitted yesterday, and I will remove my veto, and give this a ++1 for
> > going into the code.  I still want to clean it up a bit, but this is
> > working better than what we have now.
>
> I am working on a high priority customer problem that should be done in
> less than an hour. I will then get back to applying your comments. I can
> have everything done by the end of the day except possibly for the
> hook and callback code which is new to me and requires a little learning
> time. What if I fix the hook/register/hash stuff after thanksgiving? The code
> would be working as is, just not as flexible and extensible as it could be.
>
> > #3)  A9.  Can we roll A9 tomorrow?  I know this is a fast turn-around, but
> > if we get mod_include in today, and A9 out tomorrow, we can still do a
> > beta between the 27th and 30th.
>
> As I said above. I can get mod_include updated by later today, with ease if the
> hook/register/hash isn't in, with more difficulty if it is.

Do it without the hook/register/hash.  I want this alpha tomorrow if at
all possible.  I am re-writing the c-l filter now, so that will be ready
when you are.  The re-write will also fix a problem with the proxy, so
this is goodness.

If you need help with the hook/register/hash after Turkey-day, look at the
code in mod_cache (in experimental).  It uses the same basic ideas.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: mod_include.

Posted by "Paul J. Reder" <re...@raleigh.ibm.com>.
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> Multiple issues.
>
> #1) Paul I am sorry.  The bug was not your fault.  I re-tracked the bug
> this morning.  We are computing content-length at the wrong time.

Humble apology accepted.

--
Paul J. Reder
-- Albert Einstein

Re: mod_include.

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.

> #3)  A9.  Can we roll A9 tomorrow?  I know this is a fast turn-around, but
> if we get mod_include in today, and A9 out tomorrow, we can still do a
> beta between the 27th and 30th.

 +1

Bill