Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Serge Dubrouski <se...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/14 18:09:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.2.3 + SSL + NT 4.0 Client

Hello -

We have an Apache 2.2.3 Server + mod_ssl installed. Also we have some
locations configured like this:

ClientVerify none

<Location aaa>
     ClientVerify Optional
</Location>

Now here is the problem that we have. For IE 6.0 and 7.0 clients
working under Windows XP everything works fine but for IE 6.0 under NT
4.0 (yes we still have some clients on that unsupported platform) the
dialog with a list of client certificates appears in the browser for
every click on URLs inside that Location. Same problem we see for
Firefox 1.5 and 2.0 under XP when there are more then one client
certificate installed. Any ideas about the reason for the such strange
behavior?

Thanks.
Serge Dubrouski.