Posted to user@flink.apache.org by suraj7 <su...@amagi.com> on 2018/11/13 12:24:45 UTC

Rescaling Flink job from an External Checkpoint

Hi,

I'm using Flink 1.5 with RocksDB State Backend for Checkpointing. According
to the docs, Checkpoints do not support Job rescaling. However, when i tried
to restart a job from an externalised checkpoint with a different
parallelism, the job resumes correctly without any issues.

I would like to know if rescaling a Flink job from an external Checkpoint
based on RocksDB State Backend is reliable or are there any known
issues/drawbacks?

Thanks,
Suraj

Re: Rescaling Flink job from an External Checkpoint

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
The docs are worded that way since not all backends support it.

I believe rescaling does work for RocksDB checkpoints, but we do not
provide any /guarantee /that this remains to be the case.

Basically, use at your own risk.