Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/10 03:01:10 UTC

Re: [Fwd: Can't run jsp pages on tomcat 6.0.10]

On 4/9/07, Rui Monteiro <rm...@mecatena.com> wrote:
> Nobody says nothing so i admit it it's something new as i feared. And
> probably nobody is using tomcat 6 (wise people).

Hardly :-)

> Am i the only one who thinks the migration between tomcat versions is
> too much of a headache?

Possibly -- I switched from 5.5.x/Java 5 to 6.0.x/Java 6 by changing the
batch file I use to set CATALINA_HOME and JAVA_HOME, and none of my
apps complained in the slightest.

Can you post a simple WAR file showing the problem you're seeing?

Re: [Fwd: Can't run jsp pages on tomcat 6.0.10]

Posted by Rashmi Rubdi <ra...@gmail.com>.
Incidentally IS_SECURITY_ENABLED is a field in Tomcat 6
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/api/org/apache/coyote/Constants.html

I too migrated from TC5.x to TC6.x successfully.

The only things I had change was the definition of
CATALINA_HOME in system environment variables.

-Rashmi

Re: [Fwd: Can't run jsp pages on tomcat 6.0.10]

Posted by Rashmi Rubdi <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 4/9/07, Rui Monteiro <rm...@mecatena.com> wrote:
> java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: IS_SECURITY_ENABLED

According to the APIs http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/
the reason for java.lang.NoSuchFieldError is :
Signals that the class doesn't have a field of a specified name.

So somewhere in your app something is trying to access a field called
IS_SECURITY_ENABLED in some class and is unable to find it.

-Rashmi

Re: [Fwd: Can't run jsp pages on tomcat 6.0.10]

Posted by Rui Monteiro <rm...@mecatena.com>.
Right now I get the problem in an empty webapp! A folder with a jsp
inside.... an empty jsp!!!
The funny thing is that I have another ZK aplication (it was supposed to
be more complicated than a webapp that it is an empy jsp....at least
from the deployment point of view ;) ) that runs fine. And the examples
webapp demo goes fine as well... the error is the same as i posted
already. The environment either: Centos 4; tomcat 6.0.10; jdk 1.6; and
the same thing : if i make the empty jsp an empty html, everything is
ok... but please don't ask me to make a war of an empty file...

*exception*

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() para servlet jsp lanzó excepción
	org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:104)
	org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:216)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:634)
	org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:445)
	java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

*root cause*

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: IS_SECURITY_ENABLED
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspRuntimeContext.<init>(JspRuntimeContext.java:136)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.init(JspServlet.java:101)