Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by "M.D.Parker" <md...@netcom.com> on 1997/11/22 21:29:50 UTC

general/1459: Please shorten "server seems busy" log message -- patch included

>Number:         1459
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Please shorten "server seems busy"  log message -- patch included
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The "server seems busy" message gets generated often enough in my log files,
that to have it be so long and wordy is a nuisence and makes it harder than
it should to pick out the information.

How about a simplier one line format....like my suggested patch below?

BTW, thanks for the addition of the number of idle/total processes change
in the log output.
>How-To-Repeat:
Oh yes...
>Fix:
Suggested fix (diff -c output):

*** http_main.new       Sat Nov 22 12:12:54 1997
--- http_main.c.dist    Fri Nov 21 22:29:29 1997
***************
*** 3215,3225 ****
        }
        else {
            if (idle_spawn_rate >= 8) {
!               aplog_error(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_NOERRNO|APLOG_INFO, server_conf,
!                     "server busy ( "
!                     "spawn rate %d, idle %d, "
!                     "total %d )", idle_spawn_rate,
!                     idle_count, total_non_dead);
            }
            for (i = 0; i < free_length; ++i) {
                make_child(server_conf, free_slots[i], now);
--- 3215,3226 ----
        }
        else {
            if (idle_spawn_rate >= 8) {
!               aplog_error(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_NOERRNO|APLOG_INFO, server_conf,
!                   "server seems busy, (you may need "
!                   "to increase StartServers, or Min/MaxSpareServers), "
!                   "spawning %d children, there are %d idle, and "
!                   "%d total children", idle_spawn_rate,
!                   idle_count, total_non_dead);
            }
            for (i = 0; i < free_length; ++i) {
                make_child(server_conf, free_slots[i], now);
%0