Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Dan Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com> on 2016/03/05 00:11:31 UTC

Quarks code upload to ASF early next week

Now that the CCLA has be received by the ASF [1] the code can be uploaded to the ASF repo.

I'm planning to do this early next week (March 7th or 8th).

There may still be a short period while the Quarks github repo (https://github.com/quarks-edge/quarks) is the one to use for active development, until we understand the process of making changes using git here at the ASF (and mirroring of the repo to github). Any changes made in that period at quarks-edge after the initial code drop to the ASF would be migrated to the ASF repo.

Code being at the ASF is one of the requirements to fulfill before the project can use the Apache name.

I entered this heads-up issue at quarks-edge:

https://github.com/quarks-edge/quarks/issues/99

I'm only volunteering for migrating the project code (quarks-edge/quarks), I'll leave the web-site, documentation and wiki contents up to others.

Thanks,
Dan.[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-quarks-dev/201603.mbox/%3CCAFFD%2B2zNBLF7fvz4bnasMM_0d4PvMot%3DySVx-MpL940LCDYjMA%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Re: Quarks code upload to ASF early next week

Posted by Dan Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.
> On Friday, March 4, 2016 3:41 PM, Katherine Marsden <km...@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks Dan, I think it would be good also to have a Jira issue to track
> as well which documents the import location, tag etc.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QUARKS-1

Dan.

Re: Quarks code upload to ASF early next week

Posted by Katherine Marsden <km...@apache.org>.
On 3/4/2016 3:11 PM, Dan Debrunner wrote:

> I entered this heads-up issue at quarks-edge:
>
> https://github.com/quarks-edge/quarks/issues/99
Thanks Dan, I think it would be good also to have a Jira issue to track
as well which documents the import location, tag etc.
Also if you could summarize the steps you took there that might be
helpful to others in the future.

Best

Kathey

Re: Quarks code upload to ASF early next week

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
The website code is hosted in git at :

git://git.apache.org/incubator-quarks-website.git

And mirrored at

https://github.com/apache/incubator-quarks-website

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Quarks code upload to ASF early next week

Posted by William Marshall <wc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kathy Saunders <os...@gmail.com>.