Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Robin Green <gr...@hotmail.com> on 2000/10/23 14:38:17 UTC

Re: Database to XML conversion on the fly

This should have been posted to cocoon-users, not cocoon-dev.

"Jaiswal, Vinay (CTS)" <JV...@CHN.CTS-CORP.COM> wrote:
>I need to generate XML documents on-the-fly from the flat ASCII database.
>These XML documents are to be sent to Apache Web Server and then converted
>to HTML, WML, RTF and PDF on the fly. How can it be done using Cocoon?

Right, you can do all that with the Cocoon SQL logicsheet (see the
documentation and the samples), by having different stylesheets for each
media type. No problem.

Then all you need is to find an "ASCII database" JDBC driver. I think there
is one in Cocobase Free (which is free, unsuprisingly).

http://profiles.msn.com.