Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2005/08/05 19:23:31 UTC

turning on HSQLDB

Hi

I am bit confused re turning on HSQLDB within Lenya.

It seems that hsqldb is still included within
src/cocoon/local.block.properties
of lenya 1.2.X and build/lenya/webapp/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf seems to have
all the necessary information included, but why doesn't HSQLDB startup?

IIRC Gregor has disabled it somehow, but how, and how can I turn it back
on locally?

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: turning on HSQLDB

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

> IIRC Gregor has disabled it somehow, but how, and how can I turn it back
> on locally?

i removed the hsqldb specific build instructions:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=111779&view=rev

(another argument for descriptive change messages..)

Re: turning on HSQLDB

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.
Don't know if it is related, but if you use the same cocoon build for
1.2.x and 1.4, you have to start 1.4 first (if you are running 1.2.x and
1.4 on the same box) because of the port conflict (hsqldb doesn't start
up for 1.2.x if 1.4 is already running it and 1.2.x doesn't care).

We were having problems with this on lenya.zones demos.

--Doug