Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sarah Haff <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2003/10/08 00:03:30 UTC

[users@httpd] Webpage over SSL timing out?

Hi,

We have a webserver that is serving image (gif/jpg) file over SSL. I am
using Apache 2.46 compiled with SSL/PHP/mod_rewrite support. I did not
include any other module.

The webserver seems to work fine. However if a webpage has mutiple image
files, not all the image files load, and "broken image icons" are shown
instead. Seems like the SSL/HTTP connection is timing out. Is there a way to
increase this timeout period. I don't mind if take a little longer to load
the page, but the user should see all the image file.

Another alternative is to use a HW based SSL solution like nCipher's CHIL.
But I want to make that the last option, since I dont want to re-configure
the HW/application on the server.

Any ideas on how other sites handle image files over SSL. I need the image
file over SSL, because they are scanned images of confidential information.

Thanks.
Sarah.

Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your existing Internet access and enjoy
patented spam protection and more.  Sign up now!
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/byoa