Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au> on 2004/04/01 06:48:36 UTC

Just curious

I noticed that tapestry consistently returns null instead of an empty
list.  I'm wondering why this choice way made?  I find I often get null
pointer exceptions because I forget that empty lists are returned as null.

Regards,

Glen Stampoultzis
gstamp@iinet.net.au

Re: Just curious

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au>.
At 06:49 PM 1/04/2004, you wrote:
>On Mar 31, 2004, at 11:48 PM, Glen Stampoultzis wrote:
>>
>>I noticed that tapestry consistently returns null instead of an empty
>>list.  I'm wondering why this choice way made?  I find I often get null
>>pointer exceptions because I forget that empty lists are returned as null.
>
>Returns null from where?   ... some context please :)
>
>         Erik

Pretty much anything that deals with lists of things.  Palette component
for example.

-- Glen

Re: Just curious

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.