Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org> on 2002/11/08 03:29:01 UTC

Re: =?iso-8859-1?Q?further_informations, _and_just_a_little_clarification_for_my_mind?=

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 09:36:22PM +0200, ludovic.desforges@waika9.com wrote:
> Hello,
> First, a real congratulation for the work done. It's impressive.
> object :  further informations, and just a little clarification for my mind,
>              about the difference between forrest project and cocoon portal.
> What I ha
> plication

Houston!  You're breaking up!  ...

> that uses Google's SOAP API
> - ...
> and now
> - forrest using WinCvs120.zip
>
> What I would like to know : further informations, and just a little clarification for my mind,
> about the differences between forrest project and cocoon
> n (alone),

Forrest is like a template Cocoon application, consisting of:

 - a bunch of DTDs and stylesheets
 - a sitemap with rules that are useful for rendering project
   documentation.
 - all the Cocoon jars
 - command-line interfaces to make everything simple to use

So every Forrest app is a Cocoon app.

>  is the result of a xml publishing framework : rendition using different support, I mean html, pdf, svg, ... with just a xml. (well, my answer is quite restrictive! I know)

Forrest comes with SVG and PDF support, yes.  In the future, we'll
probably make these optional.

> - using cocoon as cocoon portal ???
> - using forrest (alone), gives us a
> t, further