Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Erica Zhang <er...@cs.ubc.ca> on 2007/03/13 00:41:53 UTC

How to develop filter for tomcat ?

Hi,

I am new for Tomcat. I have read througth the documents on web site. I
could not find the answer. So I ask this questions here.

On client, I aggregated some requests into a xml file and then post them
to the server. I want to make a filter to enable those requests to be
separate as they are sent one by one to the server and the server
application could process them as usual. Then after the server
application send those responses,  my another filter could catch those

I want to develop filter for tomcat to do this work. However, I did not
find any document on developing filters for Tomcat. Could anyone help me
about it ? Additionally, I noticed that there is an Application Filter
Chain. Should I add my filters to it ? Or according to my idea, where
should I add my filter ?

Thanks,

Erica

Re: How to develop filter for tomcat ?