Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "andrew m. boardman" <am...@MIT.EDU> on 2007/06/08 23:49:19 UTC

multiple user certs in single jmeter test?

Hi, all.  Another edge case:

I'd like to be able to switch user certs midstream in a jmeter run.  I'm
guessing I could perhaps do this with a beanshell preprocessor and
something like javax.net.ssl.X509KeyManager via a beanshell invocation,
but I've tried this and it's all losing pretty badly.

Anyone done this?  Any suggestions or sample code?  Or should I expect
that I'll break jmeter internal state horrendously and I should just
write up multiple concurrent jmeter runs for this?

thanks again,
andrew

Re: multiple user certs in single jmeter test?

Posted by ashie127 <as...@optonline.net>.
Hey guys,

I've been looking into the same issue.  I would like each thread to use a
different certificate that is stored in a Java Keystore (JKS).

I've made changes to some of the classes in org.apache.jmeter.util of Jmeter
2.3.4 r785646.  The changes are messy and quick fixes for sure, but allow me
to do what I suggested above.  If you have a keystore with 1000
certificates, Jmeter will pick a different one for each thread in a
round-robin fashion starting from the first certificate.  If you have more
threads than certificates, Jmeter will restart from the beginning of the
keystore when the last certificate is reached.

My problem is that tests that ran fine before using the unmodified version
of Jmeter 2.3.4 r785646 now have a decent percentage of ConnectException
(578/86400) errors and a very small percentage of SocketException errors
(1/86400), EVEN when not using PKI at all.  The tests have about 1000 active
threads at any time.

SocketException:
rc="Non HTTP response code: java.net.SocketException" rm="Non HTTP response
message: Connection reset"

ConnectException:
rc="Non HTTP response code: java.net.ConnectException" rm="Non HTTP response
message: Connection timed out"

I've attached the files I've changed (at least I believe this is all of
them).  I was wondering if anyone has any idea what I am doing wrong,
considering I've given up on doing it myself after about a week of
debugging.

Thanks in advance,
-Ash

http://www.nabble.com/file/p25260933/JsseSSLManager.java JsseSSLManager.java